Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hello, Gorgeous!

A few months ago our friend who works at AG&M, our granite/marble supplier, called to tell us he had just received a shipment of gorgeous carrara marble. I hustled out there as quickly as I could to take a look at them because they were really big slabs- meaning with some luck we might be able to avoid an ugly seam in the middle of the peninsula.  Sure enough, they were fabulous so we put our names on two of the slabs.

Today I got to go out to our fabricator's yard to determine the cuts for the peninsula, island and other two counters. It was great to see the marble again, but man it was a lot of pressure! Some of it had veining, some of it was more speckled. I really had to try to envision what it will look like once it is installed. I hope I did a good job! I can't wait to see it on Saturday! (And the really good news is that the slabs were so big that there won't be ANY seams!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment