Monday, October 21, 2013

Preparing for Vacation

We are leaving for vacation for all of next week, so we've been busy making decisions about the house so things can continue while we're gone.

We had a bit of drama at the end of last week that resulted in us deciding to shorten the peninsula in kitchen. We are also going to lose a few cabinets in the kitchen, so our architect is working on re-working the cabinet plans.

Meanwhile, today I spent a bunch of time pricing out our appliances and meeting with vendors. I also made final decisions about paint and trim and started trying to decide what color stain to put on the patio ceilings. I need to take a picture, but it is a really lovely pine ceiling that we think will look just fabulous when it is stained. Now we just have to decide what color! We're guessing we will probably stain the front door the same color, so it is a big decision!

I need to update with pictures. I'll try to get some tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment