Tuesday, April 9, 2013

First Official Delay?

Ladies and gentlemen, I think we are in the midst of our very first delay! 

One of the items that I felt very strongly about that we addressed recently with our architect was regarding a step out of our back door on to the patio. As drawn, there would be one step out of the back door down to the patio. I am really hoping that we use the patio and outdoor space as an extension of the living area of our home, so that step was majorly worrying me. It was so easy for me to picture people tripping going in and out of the house. So, I asked our architect to raise the patio to get rid of the step. We were ok with that making the ceiling a little lower- to us, it was worth it to remove the fall risk.

What we didn't realize was that changing the height on that patio meant contacting the structural engineer again. We are currently waiting to hear back from him, and our original hope of sending out the plans for bidding April 1st has obviously been put on hold. 

So, we wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment